Last year I prepared these pink chocolate spoons for a birthday party: they are an easy and low cost recipe, and kids just loved it. This year my oldest son Pablo wanted a small Halloween treat he could bring to share with his friends at school. I needed something quick and easy to eat for 4 year old kids, so, with the same idea, I have prepared these Mummy chocolate spoons just by filling the spoons with dark melted chocolate, placing two white non pareils on each spoon, and then making white lines all over the spoon (excluding right around the eyes) with a piping bag filled with melted white chocolate. Then I let the chocolate spoons set in a cold place until set. The eyes were finished with a black edible pen. Terrifically good and easy!
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 2 min
- 12 plastic spoons
- 250 g dark chocolate
- smarties, jelly beans, sprinkles, nonpareils to decorate
- Place spoons over paper parchment, letting the spoon handles rest on a spatula or similar, to level them.
- Melt chocolate using the microwave: chop the
chocolate, and put it in a bowl. Run the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until completely melted. Place on a piping bag.
- Cut piping bag end, and fill the spoons with chocolate
- Add smarties, sprinkles, to decorate… Let the chocolate spoons set in a cold place, or keep in the fridge for about 20 minutes until set.
- I published this recipe originally in Spanish in January 2012 (you can find post here) I saw these chocolate spoons here
- If you have prepared this recipe, and want to send me a pic and your comments, please use this form . If you wish to subscribe to receive my recipes in English please do it here
Hello! I do not comment often but your posts are always so beautiful. They make me smile every time I see them in my email inbox. Thanks for all your inspiration. I appreciate all of your fabulous recipes and fabulous photography!
Peace and Blessings!
I think that this sounds really good and I really hope that I can make this in cooking class
absolutely love it !!!