Preparation: 45 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Yield: 24 cookies (it will depend on the size of your pan)
- 400 g all purpose flour
- 125 g confectioners’ sugar
- 200 g butter
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 100 g sour cream
- 200 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 100 g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- strawberry jam
- red and green food colouring, and wooden skewers
- Let’s start preparing cookie dough. In a medium mixing-bowl, mix together all ingredientes to form a ball.
- Divide the dough in two, and gather each portion into a slightly flattened ball.
- Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll it out between two baking papers to a thickness of maximum 0,5 cm.
- Using a beveled cookie cutter, cut out circles and drape one circle over each bowl cavity of pan, pressing to form smooth surface. (I used a mini cupcake pan)
- Chill whilst preheating oven to 350º F (180 ºC)
- Slip cookies into the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and let them cool on the pan for about 10 minutes
- Let them cool completely on a wire rack
- When cold, prepare cheese filling. Mix sweetened condensed milk, sour cream (or whip cream) and cream cheese on a medium bowl, until combined. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Place two tablespoons cheese cream on a small bowl, and another two tablespoons on a separate small bowl. Tint one of the bowls with red food colouring, and the other one with green food colouring.
- Place 1 teaspoon strawberry jam on every cookie bowl. Fill with cheese cream. Use wooden skewers and red and green mixes to decorate
- Keep in the fridge until set (about 4 hours if using sour cream, at least 24
hours if using whipping cream). They are better the next day. Can be stored several days on the fridge