Recipe: Cookies with chocolate
Description: Petit beurre topped with a chocolate layer, similar to Lu Petit Ecolier
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 48 cookies
- 400 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 200 grams cold unsalted butter, diced
- 125 grams confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 300 gr chocolate chips
- Start preparing the cookies.
- In a medium mixing-bowl, mix together all ingredientes to form a ball. Divide the dough in two or three, and gather each portion into a slightly flattened ball. Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll it out between two baking papers to a thickness of about 0,3 or 0,4 mm. Freeze for and hour, or place on the refrigerator for several hours. Use a cookie cutter to cut out cookies, and transfer them on a prepared baking sheet. Freeze for another 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350ºF and slip cookies into the oven to bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until just slightly browned at the edges.
- Transfer on a rack to cool completely, and keep in a tin box in a dry place,
- Now we are going to prepare the chocolate tablettes. Each mold (12 tablettes) will need 75 gr chocolate chips. So melt 50 gr chocolate using the microwave, and add another 25 gr chocolate chips. Stirr until totally disolved.
- Fill the mold with melted chocolate, and place in the fridge for about an hour.
- Upon removing from the fridge, the chocolate tablettes easily will come out of the molds. Repeat the process untill all tablettes are ready.
- Now we just have to stick the chocolate tablettes with the cookies. Put a drop of chocolate on the cookie (or better, if weather is too hot a drop of Royal icing), and carefully top it with a chocolate tablette.
- Leave to set, and store in an airtight container.