Good morning! I just got home after preparing these Easter eggs with 24 children at Pablo’s school, and now (besides thinking that their teacher should earn more) I’m exhausted after spending two intense and fun hours with them. So please allow me to introduce today’s recipe quickly. With these carrot cookies you will get your kids to eat carrots, a vegetable full of nutritional benefits… in case you wonder what they taste like, they are merely carrot cake flavored biscuits. Delicious and different. Give them a try!
- For the cookie dough:
- 1 cup butter, cold and diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup (100 g) raw carrots, very finely chopped, or crushed
- 1 tsp powdered cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cardamom, ginger and clove spice, powdered (optional)
- 5 oz cream cheese, room temperataure
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
For the cheese filling:
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF
- In a medium mixing-bowl, mix together all ingredientes to form a ball.
- Divide the dough in two. Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll it out between two baking papers to a thickness of about 0,5 mm.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out cookies, and transfer them on a prepared baking sheet. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
- Slip cookies into the oven to bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until just slightly browned at the edges.
Transfer on a rack to cool completely
- Beat butter, cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer on low speed. When almost incorporated, beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
Transfer to a piping bag and fill cookies, or fill by spreading frosting on cookies with a small spatula, and sandwich with another cookie.
- NOTE: You can find the sugar carrot decoration here for example I attached it to the cookie with some royal icing
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Yield:12 sandwich cookies