I think I have never told you before that I love Bon Jovi. I’ve been following this band for years, and in fact I know all the lyrics from Slippery When Wet and New Jersey by heart. You could even say that I learnt to speak English with them. I must also confess that what I like most about Bon Jovi, is Jon Bon Jovi himself. I liked him with long hair, with shorter hair, and even now with his new grey look. Now that I think of it, it must be true that love is blind, because I even like him as an actor. So inspired by one of his famous songs “I wanna lay you down in nutella roses” today I want to share this recipe with you.
When I posted early last year my piped butter cookies stuffed with chocolate, I already suggested you using frozen nutella to fill the cookies insted of plain chocolate. So this is what this recipe is about. I have to tell you, Jon, nutella roses are great but they leave crumbs on the bed so I am not sure this is going to work between us.
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 12-15 min
- 190 g butter, soft
- 50 g icing sugar
- 2 small eggs, room temperature (about 100 g )
- 250 g flour
- Pinch of salt
Equipment: piping bag with a 1M Wilton tip (or any other star tip).
- The day before, pipe 1/2 teaspoon sized amounts of nutella onto parchment paper, you will need one for each cookie. Place baking sheet in freezer for at least 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180º C (350 º F). Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs one by one, and mix until combined. Add the flour and salt and mix
- Place the soft dough in a pastry bag fitted with a 1M Wilton tip
- Pipe a small circle onto a pan lined with parchment paper. Place a dollop of frozen nutella on each circle. Then, starting in the middle, pipe a spiral (or rose), covering the nutella dollop.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, and let them cool on a wire rack
- Store in an airtight container up to a week
- You can find a step by step guide with pics on my previous post: piped butter cookies filled with chocolate
- My new cook book, “Chocolate”, will be released on the 15th October. It is available for pre-order in Amazon Spain and in The book depository, with a 10% discount and free delivery worldwide (in Spanish)
- If you have prepared this recipe, and want to send me a pic and your comments, please use this form . If you wish to subscribe to receive my recipes in English please do it here