Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 3 min + freezing time
Yield: 8 drumsticks
- 8 cones (homemade or storebought)
- 2 pints vanilla or chocolate icecream
- 250 g semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 25 g cocoa butter (optional)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Melt chocolate and cocoa butter. Drizzle melted chocolate into the cones and swirl to coat. Place in the freezer (standing up) until the chocolate has set (a couple of minutes will be enough)
- Wrap your cones in wax paper, and cut tops to about 2″ above the edge of the cone. Fill cones with ice cream up to within 1/2″ of the wax paper. Return to freezer for a few minutes
- Pour a small amount of melted chocolate on top of the cones. Quickly add chopped nuts. Freeze. Once the chocolate has hardened, wrap the cone and top loosely in plastic wrap and keep in the freezer until serving.
- Alternatively, pack ice cream into the cone. Using an ice cream scoop, dip a perfect ball-shaped scoop on the top of the cone and press down firmly. Turn cone upside down and dip top of cone in melted chocolate. Roll the chocolate covered ice cream into the chopped nuts ( or sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate). Freeze. Once the chocolate has hardened, wrap the cone and top loosely in plastic wrap and keep in the freezer until serving.
- Cocoa butter is used to thin chocolate for dipping. It helps, but might be avoided if you don’t have it in your pantry
- To make the cones stand up in the freezer, you might use tall glasses, or an egg carton
- Before leaving you might want to have a look at my books (selling worldwide). If you have prepared this recipe, and want to send me a pic and your comments, please use this form . If you wish to subscribe to receive my recipes in English please do it here