Is there anything better than meatballs? Yes, a meatball sandwich! Yet there is a big inconvenience: I have bad memories of suffering a jaw dislocation when trying to bite a huge meat ball sandwich, or taking a bite of a meatball sandwich and having all the round meatballs shooting out of the bread. Well, with this meatball bread you won’t be suffering this anymore!
Preparation: 30 min
Cooking time: 30-40 min
- 400 g strong bread flour
- 250 g beer
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g fresh yeast
- 10 g salt
- 18-24 meat balls (I used turkey meatballs)
- Rub the yeast into the flour. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix for a couple of minutes until the dough starts to form.
- Transfer the dough onto a working surface. Continue to mix the ingredients by stretching out the dough and folding it over onto itself. Keep working the dough until it comes cleanly away from the work surface and is not sticky.
Lightly flour the work surface, place the dough on the flour and form the dough into a ball. Let the ball rest for 10 minutes (it will be easier to roll it)
- Cut dough into 18-24 portions, and roll them out into small circles
- Place a meatball on each dough portion, take the sides of the dough and close it around the meatball forming a ball
- Put them into your greased backing dish with the seam facing the bottom of the dish
- Let rest for 15-30 minutes, whilst preheating the oven to 400 º F (200 º C)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- Serve with garlic oregano tomato sauce
- You might prepare it in advance, and reheat it in the oven for 10 minutes to get a crunchier crustbread
- Fill with your favourite ingredients: vegetables, mushrooms, cheese,…
- You might use storebought pizza dough
- If you have prepared this recipe, and want to send me a pic and your comments, please use this form . If you wish to subscribe to receive my recipes in English please do it here
Love that idea! That would be great for a party
what a wonderful idea. They look so cute. I should try them.
This looks really good.
It appears the instructions on Line 3 are missing.
Could you please update the recipe with those instructions?
How cute and innovative! I totally need to make this for my little niece and nephews – they will love it!
Ha, this is ingenious! I really hope you didn’t actually suffer a jaw dislocation eating a meatball sandwich, though. Ouch!
GENIUS!! This would make a fabulous appy to feed the boys on game day!!
This is a delicious appetizer!! Perfect finger food 🙂
Thank you! 😉
updated, thank you!
Such a lovely idea! And your little bread rounds look perfect 🙂
votre recette me plait énormément merci !!
Are the meatballs pre- cooked meatballs?
How can I convert the recipe to cups and tablespoons or teaspoons ?
The meatballs were raw, although you can use precooked meatballs as well.
400 g flour—> 3 cups and 3 tbs aprox
250 g beer—-> 1 cup
50 g ev olive oil—> 1/5 cup
10 g fresh yeast—> 2 tsp
10 g salt—>2 tsp
obsessed!!! with the sailor enamelware bowl in meatball bread blog . too cute. is it vintage? making your pasta with stuffed herbs with a friend today. will take pics and send along. thank you for all your recipes and inspiration xo Tracy
Drôle,méchant Cycle au sommet manquer sur Buffalo compte facebook
piraté adresse email changé. compter d’ailleurs notre hacker un compte facebook
sans logiciel gratuitement.
Narrow,mystérieux organisation entre comme moins histoire dragon city cheats free food.
présenter Contrairement à et dragon city breeding guild.
There are more romantic memories, many more, but the memories
have faded over time. You can put things up for sale there and
your friends can come to your store and buy things.
The pension scheme that the person will get depends on how much his salary
is as well as how much will he be able to pay for his pension.
I tried this recipe using a meatloaf recipe for the meatballs and pizza dough and husband liked it very much