Preparation time: 45 min (plus resting time)
Cooking time: 15-20 min
- 400 g strong bread flour
- 200 ml water
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g fresh yeast
- 10 g salt
- 200 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 50 g tomato sauce
- 1 tbs powdered garlic
- 2 tbs dried oregano
- 3 thin slices bacon
- 6 mushrooms, clean and sliced
- Rub the yeast into the flour. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix for a couple of minutes until the dough starts to form.
- Transfer the dough onto a working surface. Continue to mix the ingredients by stretching out the dough and folding it over onto itself. Keep working the dough until it comes cleanly away from the work surface and is not sticky. Lightly flour the work surface, place the dough on the flour and form the dough into a ball.
- Place the ball in a large bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let the dough rest for 1 hour (it should double size)
- Take the dough out of the bowl, lightly flour your working surface, and roll the dough to a thickness of 1 mm. Cut a circle the size of your pizza. Place the pizza on a prepared baking pan (greased or lined with paper parchment)
- Take remainig dough, and roll it once more. Cut leaves using a cookie cutter, or a sharp knife
- Preheat oven to 425º C. Place filling on the pizza dough (leave the border clean to decorate with leaves) Place tomato sauce first, then cheese, and finally bacon a mushrooms. Sprinkle some salt on top
- Lightly brush the pizza edge with water, and press leaves onto the to adhere, every leaf should overlap the previous one
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, take out of the oven, and enjoy
- You might use storebought pizza dough (but it will be less fun!)
- If you have prepared this recipe, and want to send me a pic and your comments, please use this form . If you wish to subscribe to receive my recipes in English please do it here
Beautiful pizza! Saw this photo on Food Gawker today.