Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Yield: 16 giant rabbit double cookies
- 400 g flour
- 125 g sugar
- 200 g butter, cold and diced
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 100 g butter
- 100 g confectioners’ sugar
- pink cotton candy
- some honey, icing or melted chocolate to attach the “tail” to the cookie
- Start preparing the cookies. In a medium mixing-bowl, mix together all ingredientes to form a ball.
- Divide the dough in two or three, and gather each portion into a slightly flattened ball.
- Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll it out between two baking papers to a thickness of maximum 0,3 cm. Freeze for 30 minutes, or place on the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Use a giant rabbit cookie cutter (or a paper template) to cut out cookies, and transfer them on a prepared baking sheet. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and slip cookies into the oven to bake for 15 minutes, until just slightly browned at the edges. Transfer on a rack to cool completely, and keep in a tin box in a dry place
- Now we are going to prepare the chocolate filling. Melt chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring continously
- Add sugar, and stir until combined. Place chocolate cream (still hot, it it is too cold it will thicken too much) on a piping bag, cut the tip of the piping bag, and pipe filling into one cookie. Place another cookie on top, and press gently. Repeat with remainig cookies (you will probably have to wear cooking gloves to avoid burning your hands with hot chocolate filling). Allow to cool
- A couple of hours before
comsumption (cotton candy tends to shrink over time), make small balls out of cotton candy, and attach them carefully to the rabbit cookies using some honey or melted chocolate. (
- If you do not have a giant rabbit cookie cutter, use a template: just lay on top of dough and use a sharp knife to cut around template
- If you do not have cotton candy or need to prepare the cookies in advance, replace cotton candy tail with an smarties (or similar)
- If you have prepared this recipe, and want to send me a pic and your comments, please use this form . If you wish to subscribe to receive my recipes in English please do it here